The EPIX Difference
Emergency Physicians Insurance Exchange RRG (EPIX) writes Claims-Made policies with coverage limits of $1 million per occurrence and a $3 million aggregate.
Key policy attributes:
- Claims-Made policy
- Rating based on patient visits, subject to audit at end of policy
- Prior acts available, subject to underwriting
- 1 million/$3 million limits of coverage for each physician (shared by the Group's legal entity and mid-level providers). Higher / separate limit options are available
- Defense costs outside the limits of liability
- Broad coverage definition: An incident report triggers Claims-Made coverage
- Consent to settle claims required of the insured Group
- Additional coverage: Security/Privacy; Regulatory Proceeding; Patient Notification and Credit Monitoring and Data Recovery
*Extended reporting endorsement ('tail') coverage offered in most circumstances, pricing subject to actual annualized patient visits
Help when you need it most
EPIX utilizes a holistic approach in providing medical professional liability insurance. By incorporating patient safety and claims expertise in the underwriting process, we not only understand our insureds better, we are able to quickly work with the leadership to improve their profile and mitigate potential liability risks.
EPIX is there for you in times of need
EPIX's process starts with a risk assessment of the Group, typically with a visit by one of our clinical experts. The risk report assists us in the evaluation of the Group's risk profile for determining premium. The report also forms the basis for the risk management program to be implemented in the first year.
The profile provided by the risk manager is one of many factors involved in the premiums charged to an EPIX Group. We also consider:
- Practice characteristics of the Group
- Historical claims experience
- Geographical location of the practice
- Qualifications and experience of the individual physicians and staff